Tuesday, February 8, 2011

these are in reverse order


I started playing with the idea of bare trees that I talked about last week, and I wanted to work with the archer "V" and gotham "r" forms. In the end, I thought it would be interesting to combine both of those ideas. The pattern made of the v's evokes the gradual buildup of snowfall, which I really appreciate because it doesn't seem to do that in a literal way. I like the form created by the r's , but I am not sure if it says "tree" in a too literal way.
disappointed to have missed the critique today! i would really appreciate any suggestions =)





These bottom ones I did are also in reverse order. I wanted to try to use the r form to create a pattern similar to the v one. The softeness of the r emulated snowfall to me in a different way and then the bottoms of my pattern reminded me of icicles so I decide to go and see what that would look like.




I

No comments:

Post a Comment