Thursday, January 20, 2011

Logos and Type

Although we observe many different logos and brand images everyday, I found myself interested in two particular logos for a store and bank which were located across the street from each other. What made these specifically catch my eye was the difference in the logos and how they communicated their individual brands.



The placement of the P in the logo is noticeable but relatively subtle. The circular design definitely seems to be going for a more modern, stylish, "fun" look which I suppose is what the store intends to be.



This, in contrast, is an arguably more boring but perhaps more traditional look. The B appears more prominent and the vertical bars instill a sense of stability, which is what a bank probably wants.

I'm sure much more could be said about these logos and there are sure to be better examples to be found to illustrate how type is used in logos to achieve different goals. I think what made these stand out to me was there proximity to one another and how quickly I could distinguish between what they were trying to represent.

No comments:

Post a Comment